Climbing Gym Business Plan and Consulting Package
As you know, we have been designing & building climbing walls and gyms for over 10 years. There are a number of other climbing wall builders out there but few others have the experience that we do in building successful climbing gyms, and we have experience building climbing walls of all shapes and sizes across North America. With that experience, we have developed strong customer loyalty and are constantly getting referrals for new projects from previous clients.
Pretty much every climbing gym that we have built got its start with our Climbing Gym Start-up Consultation Package. This package is designed to give you all of the tools you need to get through the business planning and funding process. At the core of the package is GymPlan – a complete climbing gym business plan based on knowledge from the success of the many climbing gyms that we have built. GymPlan comes as a Microsoft Word file for easy editing and formatting.
Most of our clients claim that the most valuable part of the package is Gym Financial Calculator – an Excel based spread-sheet financial model of a climbing gym. This powerful tool begins with your local demographic data (population, income, age) and shows you what size climbing gym you should build to meet the demands of your area. It then produces real estate requirements & start-up costs and lets you create monthly revenue and expense models. In the end it provides the Return On Investment (ROI) projections that investors want to see before committing to investing in your project.
Here's a list of the data inputs on the Gym Financial Calculator:
- Gym Capacity
- Climbing Wall Size
- Start-Up Costs
- Project Planning
- Pricing & Costs
- Market Forecast
- Climbing Gym Capital
- Capital Summary
- Opening Balance Sheet
- Ten-Year Income and Expense
And here's a few images from the Financial Calculator. The yellow fields are where you would input the data.
*Numbers provided above are for example purposes only and do not represent expected gym revenue
Also included in this package are the following supporting documents:
- Actual Financial Statements from an operating climbing gym – if you are relying on bank financing, this is something that they will require. Potential investors also like to see what real numbers look like
- Operating Agreement - While all operating agreements are filled with generic corporate legalese, there are some specific provisions that should be considered. Having a copy of an actual operating agreement from an actual gym is helpful when starting the process of writing an operating agreement
- FAQ’s from other clients - Over the years we’ve assembled a document with questions that our clients have asked. We provide these along with our answers
- Climbing Wall Association Operational Practices Manual - This isn’t too important until you have a gym to operate but it’s a good thing to have on hand if an investor asks questions about how to operate a facility of this kind
We also offer Unlimited Telephone Support. Our support along the way is perhaps the most valuable part of this package. We’ve been involved in many climbing gym start-ups in the past 10 years, and we’ve seen first-hand what works and what doesn’t. Our goal in all of this is to get you to the point where you can hire us to build the walls of your climbing gym. We are motivated to help you and give you the best advice to help you reach this goal. Few others in this small industry that have the amount of experience that IMPACT does in this area. Having us in your corner will give you the support you need to make this happen.
The cost of this package is $3,500 + tax. It is priced to separate those who are serious about owning a climbing gym from the dreamers. Opening a climbing gym requires a lot of work and only the truly dedicated get it done. If you are 100% committed to opening a climbing gym, this package gives you everything you will need to reach your goal.
Once you have your funding and building secured and are ready to start building your climbing walls, we apply the cost of this package to your first payment on your climbing walls. Essentially, if you hire IMPACT to build your climbing gym, this start-up package is free.